Sunday, January 01, 2006

Auld Lang Syne



Well, for those of you who don't know, Auld Lang Syne means "the good old times" or "days long past". I'd have to say that this new year I am not remeniscent of days past but am focusing on the excitement of days ahead. I can now say that my husband will come home to visit me next month (for our 3rd anniversary!), that this deployment will be over THIS YEAR! Good riddance, 2005. It was a year of struggle and heartache and I am looking forward to a new year when my world will be whole again. I rang in the new year with some great friends, always better than sitting at home feeling sorry for myself. Melissa, Gina, Carl (Melissa's hubby), & Tina (a fellow soldier's girl) are cheezing with me in the photo. Tina's boyfriend is a Command Sergeant Major at Habbaniyah, and is a super guy. It's been so great having Tina there during this deployment, it helps to have someone around that knows exactly what you're going through because they're going through the same thing. Plus, she's an even bigger football freak than I am! Love it. (notice: I am so obsessive that I'm even wearing Gator colored leis in the photo! Go Florida!) Anyhoo, that's all I have to say tonight. It's late and I have church in the morning! Happy New Year all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

I liked your worry wart comment over at Jbarnes. FBI lol
Happy New Year

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home