Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh, to be a Child Again!




Tuckered out from a long game of doggie door peek-a-boo, my nephew Alex (1 1/2) and little sister Kayla (12), plop down in the middle of the living room floor. Don't you miss the days when the little things could entertain you for hours? When I was a child, all I needed was a cardboard box and my imagination! What is it about growing up that makes everything so boring?
When you're a kid life seems so much longer, too. I remember thinking the span between birthdays felt like 10 years. Now it feels like 5 minutes. I'm starting to forget how old I am, and that scares me! If I'm losing track of em now, how hard is it going to be 20 or 30 years from now? Oh well, does it really matter? Once you pass 21, they all blend together anyway. I think 25 was the last milestone I looked forward to because my insurance rates went down and I could finally rent a car in my name! But that's boring stuff. So here I am at 27 and I know what that next milestone is...and I'm not very excited about it! Especially when my husband is a year and half younger than me, because he will tease me without mercy! Maybe if I play a marathon of doggie door peek-a-boo I can turn back the clock a few years! I'm open to suggestions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Hey just think you will get to collect social security before him. I guess that means you retire first.
Kids are great. Spend a day with a kid under 10 and it is sure to make you feel young again.
After 10 they start to become little smarta#*es. Not all but some.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home