Saturday, March 18, 2006

Grandpa & Boombie

Well, it's been 3 weeks and a day since Sgt Wally has gone back to Iraq. Still don't know for sure when he's coming home...May? June? Ever? Just booked a 5 day Carnival cruise for us to Key West & Nassau at the end of July, so he better be home by then! Neither one of us have ever cruised before, so we're very excited. We're also going to drive down to Florida (our cruise departs from Jacksonville) so we can visit with my Grandpa. Haven't seen him in almost two years, since Sgt Wally got back from Kosovo. He'll be so thrilled to see his Boombie! (He's called me that my whole life and no one knows where it came from) He lives right on a big lake and loves to fish, so Sgt Wally and I are going to bring our poles down with us and do a little fishing with him. I still remember him crying when I told him that I was moving to PA almost 4 years ago. He'll be 76 next month, so I know time is precious. It terrifies me to think that one day he will be gone and I will have this regret that I didn't see him enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

What a nice trip to come home to.
I am going to tell you that grandkids are very precious to us grandparents. It is one of the top thrills in life.
I love the name, "Boombie"

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog when googling "habbaniyah" like I always do (my husband is over there too...with the 2/28 PA group). We're from KY. Anyway - just wanted to tell ya that we LOVE Carnival, and we booked a cruise for the end of July too! We cruised to Nassau w/ them before and it was great...so you'll have an awesome time!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home