Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Is This S*@# Over Yet?!

I know that's exactly what these guys are thinking right now, and I am thinking the same thing. I keep telling Sgt Wally (2nd from right) that one day all of this will seems like such a long time ago, like it happened to someone else. We can't wait for that day. We can't wait to get a house and have babies and grow old together, then spontaneously combust when I turn 100 and he is only 98 (sorry, that's a running joke). We have so much life yet to live, so many joys to experience together. I couldn't imagine anyone else in the world I'd rather do it with.

A lot of people see what we are going through with our two deployments in three years of marriage and think that they should feel sorry for us. I always get the, "Wow, I don't know how you do it...I could never deal with that!" First of all, it is what it is...no one asked me if I wanted the love of my life to travel to the other side of the planet for a year and live in the desert. But that doesn't mean he isn't still the love of my life and the man that I will spend the rest of my days with. And as much as this deployment sucks, we are so blessed just to have found each other. I feel sorry for those people who will never have the love that we do. That is so sad to me. I thank God every day for brining me all the way up to PA to find him.

This hell is finally coming to an end. Then the rest of our life begins.

I'm ready...

2 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Almost there....I can feel it through my computer. Just hang on a little longer.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

That was so heart felt.
We just got to hang on a little longer.
I hope all your dreams come true. they sound wonderful. May God Bless you and Sgt. Wally with all that you desire.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home